Each year the Aeromedical Society of Australasia hosts its Annual Conference in a Australia or New Zealand.
Papers and posters are invited for presentation at the conference. The conference includes prominent invited local and international guest speakers.
During the conference, the Society holds its annual general meeting; which includes election of the Society's Committee/Board.
Industry supports each conference through sponsorship and a wide range of commercial products and services is on display. If your organisation would like to become a sponsor at this conference, please contact our Conference Organiser.
- 1990 Sydney (Little Bay), NSW
- 1991 Brisbane, Qld
- 1992 Sydney (Hurstville), NSW
- 1992 Sydney (Kingsford), NSW
- 1993 Sydney International Meeting
- 1994 Adelaide, SA
- 1995 Gold Coast, Qld
- 1996 Melbourne, Vic
- 1997 Windsor, NSW
- 1998 Surfers Paradise, Qld
- 1999 Auckland, NZ
- 2000 Melbourne, Vic
- 2001 Adelaide, SA
- 2002 Whangarei, NZ
- 2003 Darwin, NT
- 2004 Fremantle, WA
- 2005 Sydney, NSW
- 2006 Marcoola, Qld
- 2007 Wellington, NZ
- 2008 Adelaide, SA
- 2009 Hobart, Tasmania
- 2010 Christchurch, NZ
- 2011 Perth, WA
- 2012 Cairns, Queensland
- 2013 Melbourne, Victoria. 28 - 30 August
- 2014 Brisbane, Queensland. 10 - 13 September (in conjunction with ASAM)
- 2015 Darwin, Northern Territory. 19 - 21 August
2016 Queenstown, NZ 24 - 26 August
- 2017 Sydney, NSW. 30 August - 1 September
- 2018 Hobart, Tasmania. 26 - 28 September.
- 2019 Perth, WA. Crown Perth. 15 - 17 October
- 2022 Brisbane, Qld. August 30 - Sept 1st
- 2023 Adelaide, SA. Sept 4 - Sept 6. Adelaide Convention Centre
- The 2019 Conference was held 15 - 17 October 2019, at Crown Perth. Visit the Conference Website for further information.
- 26/9/2018 – 28/9/2018Tom Judge, LifeFlight Maine Answering Need: the next generation
- 30/8/2017 – 1/9/2017Dan Hankins Lessons Learned Dave Greenberg Highs, lows and lessons from 25 years on the NZ Wellington-based Westpac Rescue HelicopterDan Martin Back to the FutureNaomi Lacey Logistics in the never…
- 23/8/2016 – 25/8/2016What is clinical aeromedical coordination all about? - Dr Andrew Pearce, Clinical Director of Retrieval Coordination - MedSTAR Emergency Medical Retrieval Service Aiming higher and reaching further through collaborative aviation partnerships: NSW…
- 19/8/2015 – 21/8/2015Mick Wilson Oration (Introduction) - Superintendent Cameron Edgar, Ambulance Service of NSW MICK WILSON ORATION - HEMS safety record in the USA... what has the FAA planned and what does the future hold; lessons to be learned - TIm Pickering,…
- 28/8/2013 – 30/8/2013Melbourne, VictoriaNurse/paramedic retrieval practitioners in the retrieval environment - beginning of a new era - Ben Stanton, Retrieval Nurse Practitioner - MedSTAR & Dave Tingey, Retrieval Paramedic Practitioner Tailoring Aeromedical Retrieval Systems to suit…
- 29/8/2012 – 1/9/2012CairnsCairns was host for the 2012 meeting. Conference website Wednesday 29th August Breakfast ASA Executive meeting. 09:00 ASA Committee 11:30 ASA & FNA 12:30 Luncheon with EHAC, AAMS & Medevac International 14:30 Business meetings 18:00…
- 29/8/2012 – 1/9/2012CairnsConference Opening - Dr Andrew Berry AM MB BS FRACP - ASA President Formation of a prehospital and retrieval medicine college - a future roadmap for aeromedical excellence - A/Prof Geoff Ramin, Senior Aeromedical Specialist, RFDS QLD Obstetric…
- 31/8/2011 – 3/9/2011PerthLong Distance Retrievals in a Mass Casualty Incident - Dr Len Notaras AM, Executive Director, National Critical Care and Trauma Response Centre, Darwin A Comparison of Metropolitan vs Rural Major Trauma in Western Australia - Prof Daniel Fatovich,…
- 8/9/2010 – 11/9/2010ChristchurchHistory of NZ Air Ambulance & Overview of Local Region - Dr David Bowie, Clinical Leader (Canterbury Air Retrieval Service) US Antarctic Programme - Leann Stringer, RN (Medical Coordinator) Retrieval from Antarctica - Garry Robinson, Flight…
- Too difficult for helicopter; too slow by fixed wing - Examining the role of the tilt-rotor in inter-hospital medical retrieval. A Berry